Reese Law Office
Please Call : 703-279-5140
A family law firm serving Northern Virginia, Washington, DC, and Montgomery County, MD that strives to see their clients as financially, emotionally, and mentally whole as possible at the end of a case. The Reese Law Office helps clients choose from a full array of personalized family law solutions including advocacy, mediation, litigation and collaboration.
Catherine M. Reese heads a team of attorneys trained in the growing field of collaborative law. She is also a mediator who will recommend mediation if that is the best choice or serve as mediator in cases in which she is not an advocate. Litigation and vigorous advocacy are hallmarks of the firm.
Please contact us or call 703.279.5140 to schedule a consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available.
Catherine M. Reese, Attorney
Ms. Reese began her career in law at the Catholic University Columbus School of Law. While a student, she interned with the Children's Rights Council, a child and parent advocacy group; the Nineteenth Circuit Court in Fairfax County, Virginia; and with a small general practice firm in Fairfax, Virginia. At the firm, she worked first as a law clerk, then practiced under the third year practice rule prior to passing the Virginia State Bar. The opportunity to practice in the areas of employment law, corporate law, contract law, bankruptcy, and estate planning, in addition to family law, while at this firm, aided her overall development as an attorney.
After passing the Maryland bar, Ms. Reese joined a firm devoted to the practice of family law in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. While at the firm, she was personally mentored by a long-standing member of the family law community. Ms. Reese worked on many cases involving complex custody and property issues calling for the use of innovative strategies, and a host of resources to obtain winning results in a wide range of family law cases in Virginia, Maryland, and the District.
Because of her extensive work in the courts of Fairfax, Prince William, Loudoun, Fauquier, Arlington, and Alexandria, Virginia, the bulk of her work has been, and will continue to be, in the Circuit and Juvenile and Domestic Relations Courts in the Northern Virginia area.
As the past president of the Virginia Women Attorneys Association Northern Virginia Chapter, and the current statewide President-Elect, Virginia State Bar member,past Judicial Nominations Committee member, current bar council, lawyer discipline committee member, and a member of the Fairfax Bar Association serving on the Circuit Court Committee, involved in family law sections and sub-committees, Ms. Reese has had the opportunity to develop relationships with many members of the bench and bar. These relationships allow her to better serve her clients by being able to evaluate her arguments and case presentation to best suit her audience. In doing so, she makes every effort to maximize the possibility for a winning outcome for her client.
Ms. Reese's dedication to providing quality service to her clients is further demostrated by her induction into the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers as an Academy fellow in the Virginia Chapter. This prestigious honor reflects how AAML members are recognized as leading professionals in the family law field that promote integrity and competency, while protecting the welfare of clients and their families.
In addition to projects she is involved in related to her affiliations, Ms. Reese has served a three-year term as a Board of Directors member of the Legal Services of Northern Virginia (LSNV) as the VWAA representative where she served as the 25th Anniversary Gala Chair, and she has provided pro bono services through LSNV and the Fairfax Bar Association. Ms. Reese also serves as a Neutral Case Evaluator by appointment of the 19th Judicial Circuit.
Press, Publications, and Speaking Engagements
- Named a Super Lawyer by the Washington DC Super Lawyers Magazine, November 2010.
- Received her certification as a Virginia Supreme Court Family Mediator specializing in Juvenille & Domestic Relations District and Circuit Courts.
- Named a Super Lawyer by the Virginia Super Lawyers Magazine, June 2010.
- Named a Top Divorce Lawyer by Northern Virginia Magazine, June 2010.
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Annual Family Law Seminar 2003 - Recent Developments in Family Law, July 2003
- Presented Case Law and Legislative Updates at the Arlington Bar Association's 20th Annual Family Law Seminar, March 2003 and was a presenter of the same program for the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Family Law Continuing Legal Education Seminars, July 2003
- Arlington Bar Association Family Law CLE - Recent Developments in Family Law, March 2003
- Virginia State Bar Family Law CLE - Recent Developments in Family Law, October 2002
- Presented Recent Developments in Virginia Family Law, August 2001 - September 2002, for the Family Law Section of the Virginia State Bar in Richmond and Roanoke.
- Virginia State Attorney General's Office Division of Child Support Enforcement Statewide Attorney Training Seminar - 2000 Family Law and Legislative Update, May 2000
- Participated as a lecturer for the Virginia State Attorney General's Office Statewide Attorney Training Seminar 2000, for the Division of Child Support Enforcement, where she presented a section entitled "Family Law and Legislative Update"
Please Call : 703-279-5140